Trying to decide whether Hospice or Palliative Care is right for you or your loved one?
Take a look at these 12 questions to help with your decision:
- Have you fallen several times in the past 6 months?
- Have you consistently needed help from others with two or more of the following: bathing, getting out of bed, eating, dressing, or walking?
- Have you started feeling weaker or more tired?
- Have you had a loss of desire to participate in routine life activities or experiences?
- Have you started taking medication to lessen physical pain?
- Have you experienced weight loss so that clothes are noticeably looser?
- Have you noticed any shortness of breath, even while resting?
- Have you been hospitalized or visited the emergency room several times in the past 6 months?
- Have you been making more frequent phone calls to your physician?
- Have you been told by your doctor that you have a chronic condition such as CHF, COPD, Diabetes, Chronic Kidney Disease, or Liver Disease?
- Have you been told by your doctor that your life expectancy is limited?
- Do you wish to continue seeking curative therapies or treatments such as chemotherapy or physical therapy?
If the answer was, “yes”, to any or all of these questions, we do recommend reaching out to us for a hospice or palliative care evaluation.