Respite care is a service that provides a break for caregivers. It’s a time away from caring for your loved one, and it’s good for both the caregiver and the person being cared for.
Respite care provides relief to those who are providing constant care to people with illness, special needs or disabilities. Respite service providers can help by giving you some space so you don’t feel like you’re always the only one looking after someone else.
The benefits of respite care include:
- The chance to take care of yourself through self-care, which can include getting a much-needed haircut, taking a relaxing bath, or going to the gym.
- An opportunity for your loved one to be around other adults without feeling like they’re under your constant supervision all of the time.
- Often, respite services are covered by insurance, so you can avoid spending your own money on this service.
- A chance for your loved one to meet and socialize with new people.
- Allows you a break to explore your own interests while knowing your loved one is in capable hands.
Special thanks to caregivers everywhere who know how hard it can be to take care of someone on a daily basis. The services provided by respite care providers are crucial for both the person being cared for, as well as the caregiver.
If you or someone you know is looking for respite care services, Vantage Hospice offers respite care for hospice patients.
Contact us today to learn more.