There are many common myths about hospice care. Here are a few of the most common ones:
- Myth: Hospice care is only for people who are actively dying.
- Fact: Hospice care can be beneficial for people at any stage of a serious illness, regardless of their prognosis.
- Myth: Hospice care is a place where people go to die.
- Fact: Most hospice care is provided in the patient’s home.
- Myth: Hospice care is about giving up.
- Fact: Hospice care is about providing comfort and support to patients and families at the end of life.
- Myth: Hospice care is expensive.
- Fact: Hospice care is covered by most insurance plans.
If you are considering hospice care for yourself or a loved one, it is important to learn more about the facts and dispel any myths that you may have.