Are you caring for an ailing friend or family member or looking for hospice information for yourself? Did you know that hospice is available to help in most cases at no cost? Find out if hospice could be an answer for your loved one or yourself by answering these 10 simple questions.
Have you or a loved one…
- Fallen several times in the past six months? (1 point)
- Consistently needed help from others with two or more of the following: (1 point)
- Getting out of bed
- Started feeling weaker or more tired? (1 point)
- Had a loss of desire to participate in routine life activities or experiences? (1 point)
- Started taking medication to lessen physical pain? (1 point)
- Experienced weight loss so that clothes are noticeably looser? (2 points)
- Noticed any shortness of breath, even while resting? (1 point)
- Been hospitalized or visited the emergency room several times in the past 6 months? (1 point)
- Been making more frequent phone calls to his/her/your physician? (1 point)
- Been told by a doctor that life expectancy is limited? (4 points)
Add up the number of points for any questions to which you answered “yes.”
Score 0-3: Given your responses, hospice might not be the answer for you or your loved one quite yet. But that does not mean you do not have other options and resources available to you, and it does not mean that Vantage Hospice will not be able to help connect you to other resources in the community.
Score 4-10: Hospice may be appropriate for you or your loved one at this time. Please contact us today to speak with a representative who can walk you through the process and answer any questions you may have.